9/24/2013

BARBARA MARKET PLACE ----Shin Marunouchi Bldg.

 I have tried BARBARA in Shinjuku.  This was the first time to try this Barbara...located in the basement of Shin Marunouchi Bldg.....near Nijubashimae Station or Tokyo Station.

The occasion was monthly meeting with my business associates and lunch.

Drink bar is conveniently located near our table, so we had variety of drinks to choose from.... all included in the lunch price, which is 1,050 yen.

http://www.barbara-mp.com/151.html
We were sitting inside first, then two more arrived, so moved out to the open space outside.  ( good for 5, 6 people's meeting!)

I ordered grilled curry plate..... with vegetables and seasoned ground meat.  It was tasty.  Not salty, but the flavor was a bit strong for me.  

That is probably my excuse, for I ordered dessert pancakes .... smaller than regular size...300 yen :-)

Pancakes are still popular in Tokyo... several foreign pancake shops are here.... still hard to get in.

Next time, I will talk about them.   I wish I had more time to wait in the long lines!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

sounds like a lovely place to visit, pancakes still remain a mostly breakfast food here, ours are thicker and fluffy, not thin like crepes which I suppose are more European, I hope you are well and happy!

Linda said...

It sounds like a very good place! You have a very nice blog.

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Laurie, Thank you for the comment. Right, this is breakfast for you. We have pancakes for lunch, dessert etc.... When I was a child though, pancakes were breakfast.

I'm well and happy. Thank you. Hope you are well and happy!

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Linda,

Thank you . I haven't written much this year, I just realized.

I should upload and write more since there are tons of pics....