7/13/2012

How French People Eat

Ham & Cucumber Sandwich
As I love eating, I love reading about food and other countries' eating habits, customs as well.

At the moment, I'm reading a book written by a Japanese woman who lived in Paris for a while.

Easily influenced, the book made me want to eat something French.

Yesterday, I made this sandwich for breakfast.

Now, there is another one I have to try..... according to her, French moms make chocolate sandwich.... instead of ham and cucumber here, they simply put a sheet of chocolate.

Can't wait.

4 comments:

Rich said...

yummm! this looks good, too!
i've never tried a chocolate sandwhich, but i'd be more than willing to be a test subject for anyone wanting to make me one. :D lol

Steffi said...

not only in France - I think it's a Dutch invention, but you can buy chocolate sheets for sandwiches in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany and Austria!

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Rich, thank you for your comment. I tried it last night. Forgot to take a photo.... silly. It was nice combination with crunchy chocolate and slightly salty bread.

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Steffi, thank you for your comment. Dutch invention! Thank you. Chocolate sheets, next time I travel to Europe, will check it.