4/11/2012

Baby Octopus Pasta --- Spring Food

Ocellated octopus pasta
Baby octopus...just because it's tiny version of octopus, I would call it.  The official name is ocellated octopus apparently.

You can see several on this plate... especially the one sitting on the right....shrinking.... ( sorry that you are killed for this, but thank you for giving me your nutrition.  I appreciate fruits of the sea.)

One of many foods which makes us feel that we are in Spring.

The left is yesterday's lunch at Tapas & Tapas in Shimokitazawa.

They are operating many restaurants in Tokyo area.  The lunch includes free drinks.  ( I had iced Chinese tea and coffee.)  Their specialty is variety of pasta.


I can hear gusty wind growling and it seems raining  , too.  With this strong wind and rain, cherry blossoms will be gone.  Sad, but after cherry blossom, usually temperature goes up and we will have real spring.

April is Japan's new fiscal year also.  I have a meeting in business district today, so looking forward to seeing brand-new office workers.  Somehow, I can tell or you can tell also, I think.... those fresh faces with new suits are noticeable..... probably their suits do not fit them well enough yet. :-)

As little bit senior person, ( just a little :-))  I would like to send hearty cheers to them.  There should be many difficulties, obstacles and times that you might get depressed, but you are our hope, young people!  Enjoy your work and study!

2 comments:

laurie said...

I have never had octopus, its not very common in our markets but is in fancy eateries.
I really enjoyed the post your wrote today, I didn't know that April is the start of a new fiscal year for you, you sound so kind in your description of new workers, enjoy your day.Its cold here, yesterday we had snow whick is common in April but I had put my winter clothes away, I had to take them out again! We have enjoyed three weeks of unseasonably warm days, thses cold days are a shock.Our spring flowers are just beginning to blossom, we will be going to the park this week to enjoy them.

Yasuko Watanabe said...

We eat more seafoods than you, I guess.

Yup, this is probably like your January, fiscal year wise, but school start or new season wise, probably it's like your September.

Unstable weather is same here. It's warm today, but the temperature is going back to March average tomorrow, I just heard.


Thank you.