9/24/2011

Malaysian Soup @ Malay in Soshigayaokura , Odakyu Line

Malay's Soup w/Rice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bak_kut_teh 
I saw a TV program in the morning, which was introducing a Malay home and newly wed couple,there the wife was cooking breakfast.

Hmmm.  It doesn't have to be exactly same, but " I'd like to have Malaysian Lunch today ! ".

Immediately, I googled and found a restaurant.

Took Odakyu line to SoshigayaOkura.
( Take a local line from Shinjuku.  )

Exit and turn right.  Take the middle street, which is filled with shops.



Keep walking and when you see the post office on your left, before passing the post office, turn left at the corner.  ( up to this corner is about 7, 8 min. )

Then go straight.  The restaurant will be on your right with blue door.
Their recommendation was Bak Kut Teh, the herb soup with pork.  You pour the soup over the rice and stir and eat .  Yes, it tastes bit like medicine or Chinese Herb.  It doesn't bother me, for it feels it fixes my internal condition.  Pork is tender.  The couple ( in probably 50s or older ? ) love travelling and fell in love with Southeastern Asia's Cuisine, apparently.  Both explained about this soup and the husband came out to check if I am enjoying the soup, I said " Yes, I used the chili pepper you suggested, which is good, but I am now sweating ! ".

He went back into the kitchen smiling.

In such a residential area, how would you know that this kind of exotic food is being served ?  Internet is the power...... glad that I found the place... feels like I travelled to Malaysia for lunch.

Open only on Sunday, Monday, Friday, Saturday.
Lunch 11:30-15:00
Dinner 17:30-21:00

4-21-1 Soshibaya, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo.
TEL:03-3484-0858

The decor is Asian, casual, resort touch.... with wooden tables, chairs.

No comments: