5/15/2011

Jeffrey Archer " And Thereby Hangs a Tale "

For a change, I started reading Jeffrey Archer's short stories.  There are several books I am reading right now and sometimes I need to read other books for a change.

This short stories " And Thereby Hangs a Tale " has nice stories with full of attic salt.

This style reminds me of short stories of Irwin Shaw.   I like Irwin Shaw's short stories for the same reason.  There are wits and a slice of life.

I'm happy that I chose this book, for it fit my mood today.  I guess I've been experiencing unusual events lately and needed something which describes and reminds me a slice of life with artistic approach.

---After reading several stories, I now feel some stories have more twisted feelings of human beings....desires...and Jeffrey Archer's philosophy about women is.... little twisted or maybe he likes cold, sharp women or he thinks women have sneaky attempts.... is it his experience ?  Probably, when people have money and fame, there should be women who are attracted to those assets.  ha.  It's all my imagination, so you never know.  ---

2 comments:

laurie said...

I think you could very well be correct in your thinking,,

Yasuko Watanabe said...

thank you for the comment. Jeffrey Archer doesn't describe women much... just attractive, charming smiles etc.... no hair style, clothing, dresses...

not good at those details.... in movies, novels, those details are important for me... i enjoy fashion, style ....