4/07/2011

Series Shimokitazawa No.3-II Keisui

Keisui's Vegetable Tempura Soba Set
This is the lunch I had the other day.
For me, this lunch was bit expensive.

Usually, for everyday lunch, if I have outside ( meaning if I don't cook @ my office ) , my budget ( which I usually set ) is 500 yen to 1,000 yen.

This was 1,470 yen.  It's worthwhile though.  I wanted to have their soba... which I hadn't had for ages and was so determined ( ! for lunch, sounds too much !? ) come here.

The soba was smooth, nice texture.  The vegetable tempura was served right after they cooked, it was still very hot.  The condiments were carefully delicately placed in small nice plates.  The whole preparation has delicate attention.

To be honest with you, I wanted to introduce the owner chef, but he declined.
I am sorry.... this was disappointing for me, too.   He is shy ?  maybe.  He is stubborn?  maybe.  I don't know, but that's his policy... he doesn't want to show his face.  Fine.. in your country also ?  Sometimes I find this kind of chefs.  They just want to concentrate on making good foods and serving those to their customers.
That is a way of professionalism and it doesn't bother me.

I just wanted to chat with him. Wanted to ask about his policy, his soba making... etc...  Little more pics for this place.  Maybe tomorrow.  I'd like to show my own food also.

3 comments:

Apotheosis said...

It can be the same in the UK, I guess it depends on people (chefs) and perhaps how busy they are or how much they might want to interact with people. Perhaps because you were having lunch it was a very busy time during the day.
I like your food blog and your photographs!

Elle ॐ said...

Ow! that looks yummy! :)

It's sad he didn't want the interview. Probably he was shy or just he doesn't want to drag attention to himself. Or like you said he just wants to concentrate on the foods.

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Thank you for your comments. Probably. I try to be careful for asking appointments, still it was not good timing....or if they were interested, they would say, please come back.

You both are probably right. Thanks for reading my blog.

All the reaction is slightly different. That's why it's fun to work on this project !