3/29/2011

Small Dinner --- Tuna Toast and Tomato/ Onion Salad

I need to go back to work and let me show you this simple dinner.

Lately, I have small dinner, maybe I'm trying to make it quickly to save energy.
( not realizing it myself though.  It's time saving, too ! )

Tuna Toast:
Chop 1/3 onion ( In Spring, we have new onion, which is sweeter, juicer.  ) and
2/3 or just 1 canned tuna, 3 spoonful mayonnaise.  Simply just stir and mix them well.  Spread on lightly toasted bread.  Put it in oven toaster and cook for 10 min.
Spread some parsley if you like.
Tomato Salad.  Simple.  Some canned tuna ( actually, 1 can was too much for my toast , so you don't have to use tuna for this ), chopped onion and tomato.
Mix them and pour some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Pepper on the top.
Easy, tasty, healthy.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Just want you to know that I'm still out here reading your posts and enjoying them a lot. :-)
The tuna toast looks delicious and I think that's what we'll have for dinner tonight.
I enjoy making different types of meals but sometimes the simple foods are just perfect.

Yasuko Watanabe said...

Carol,

Thank you for the comment. I agree with " simple foods.... " !