First it was to check about me and people around me. Then, the concern was shift to nuclear.
Since yesterday, some friends including foreign friends living overseas have suggested me leaving Tokyo soon.
One friend of Tokyo called from Okayama ( far west ) and said she 'd moved and warned me " leave now before it's too late ! ". While other friends, clients etc. are still working here, her voice sounded desperate.
I gathered information, asked around and decided to stay. It seems the situation is little better now. That is one reason. Another reason is if I live closer to the plant, I should, but my place is 250 km away from the plant. Studied Chernobyl Disaster again. If I left with minimum items, I will have to come back later to pick up things anyways. Also, how long should I be away ? You have no answer. If the disaster affects here,almost same if I return later.
That friend called me this afternoon and apologized for her urgent warning and agitation.
Well, she has good heart and tried to help me. The information she was reading has bit agitating tone. hmmm, here again, it is difficult. For now, I trust my decision, but her warning could have been right.
What I do in these circumstances is to gather information ( trustworthy ) and ask your instinct and decide. This is sometimes very difficult. I am feeling right now... if we dump everything now, economy will stop. That will be 2nd disaster for Japan. Of course, if I really feel my life is in danger, I will leave, but for now, I will be staying.
There are foods and supplies @ stores. I just checked today. No confusion. One thing I am worried about is FUEL. Because of fuel shortage, the logistics are not functioning normally and that is one reason that the distribution to the stores is bit behind the schedule.
Hope things get better and the problems to be resolved shortly.