1/30/2011

MISO SOUP --- Variations

When I made this label " Miso Soup Variation", I was going to explain one by one whenever I cooked miso soup. However, when I write this blog, I have been busy with other things and haven't explained enough. Today, let me give you 10 combination that I can think of AS OF TODAY. ( I think there are countless combination you can make. I will write again when I realized or remember this label, so, this is just for today. You can create your own ! )

1. Tofu and Scallion. ( Traditional and Typical Combination. Adding deep fried bean curd is also popular . )

2. Spinach , Tofu and Seaweed

3. Sweet potato, Seaweed, Scallion ( Not typical probably, but I like this.)

4. Potato and Seaweed

5. Tofu and Seaweed

6. Japanese Daikon Radish and Deep Fried Bean curd

7. Shredded Cabbage and Bacon ( Somehow, it tastes good... )

8. Shiitake Mushroom , Shimeji Mushroom etc.

9. Slice Egg Plant and Myoga ( Popular in Summer )

10. Sliced Turnip and Its Chopped Leave

There are various miso. Try to find your favorite and enjoy ! Lately, I like sweeter miso.... usually whiter color. Darker miso is usually more salty.

No comments: