6/06/2010

Japan Folk Crafts Museum --- Korean pottery and porcelain


This afternoon, I visited this museum... probably 2nd time to introduce here? ( I have to check the archive.)

It is located just 2 stations away from my place.
There are attractive exhibitions now at other larger museums, but this weekend, I wanted to spend quiet time....you know, if you go to big exhibitions, usually there are many people and if the exhibition is popular one, you have to push your way to see the paintings etc....which I don't like.

While I enjoy meeting people, having parties, I need this kind of peaceful moments also.
At the moment, they are showing Korean potteries, old stationaries ...mostly from 19 centuries.
They are not so colorful, more subdued... or chic... gray, dark brown, or milky white.
You can also see Shogo Hamada's beautiful Japanese table wares.

Photo taking inside is forbidden, so can not show you any of those, but please check their website... Japan Folk Crafts Museum....

Direction:
Take ( Keio Inokashira Line ).
From Sibuya station, it is 2nd station... Komabatodaimae ( meaning in front of Tokyo University ) . Exit from the head of the train side.... take a right and left. There are shops...
go along with the street. You will come to the end of that street and see this building on your right. Admission is 1,000 yen. Closed Mondays.




No comments: