4/11/2010

Panyakibito --- Meaning Bread Baker on Umegaoka Dori


The other day, I had this lunch with a friend from the company I used to work for. This place is bit far from the station, but worth to try.

If you live on Odakyu line, get off at Setagaya Daita. Walk along with Kannana, take a left on Umegaoka Dori ( Umegaoka Street ).

The shop is called " Panyakibito ".

Their lunch has three options.... I had pot-au-feu... sort of veggie stew. The bread is all you can eat style.... for 1,000 yen. Great deal. he desert and coffee is also included.

It is now definitely Spring. I wonder if my body is feeling and that is why.... in the past 2 weeks, I really wanted to eat heavy bread. Sort of German type. They have heavy bread ( I bought fusion type bread, which has several kinds of cereals. ) ,
sweet type, light ones.

If you go to this place, there are two shops you must also check. Both are Shinano-Ya.
Shinano-Ya Shokuhinkan ( Food Store ) is good super market. Wine-kan ( Wine Store ) has good selection of wines, sakes etc.

Panyakibito:
The closest station is Setagaya Daita on Odakyu Line.
TEL:03-3421-9399
Address: 1-35-13 Daita, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Hours: 11:00-20:00 ( It seems closed early on Mondays.)
Lunch : 11:00-14:00
Closed on Tuesdays






























No comments: