3/01/2010

Vancouver and Whistler --- Olympic is Over

Well, February was busy month for me. It is already March today.

While I was working intensively, Olympic started and is now over!
Still, I tried to watch TV when I could.

I have visited Vancouver twice. Whistler once.

I like Vancouver.... nature and city life.... good combination. When I visited Vancouver there were some friends studying there. Close enough to U.S., but my impression was people's pacing was slower there... no rush.

Granville Island was beautiful. Aquarium was nice. Whistler was nice dual mountains. I enjoyed skiing there... smooth, nice long run. My level is beginner or intermediate, but still enjoyable with nice aspirin snow.

I still remember how and why I went to Whistler. I was staying this Japanese friends... who are married couple. Then, husband's birthday was next day..., which I did not realize. Very nicely, I was asked to go somewhere just that night. .... Oops! Of course, they probably wanted to have romantic night alone. Sorry ! I said " Of course, sorry to have bothered you. Thank you for saying that ! " I could have stayed somewhere with some other friends, but decided to go to Whistler..... since I was alone to go, I wondered if it was safe enough, but it turned out no problem ! The courses were well signed like " For Beginners " or " For Advanced Level", so I did not get lost or did challenge risky course. Funny and good memory now..... with magnificent view from the top of the mountain.













No comments: