11/11/2009

French Bistro in Kichijoji --- Galette


I was happy to have found this place.
Another GALETTE restaurant, actually bistro.

Did I write about this before ? I don't remember.

Maybe you know already, so if there is any correction needed in my explanation, please let me know.

Galette is from Bretagne, a region of France.
There were Celtic people moved from England in the region. ( That is why the region is called Bretagne meaning Britain in French.)

It was very tough to live there..... It was difficult to make products with its poor land.... but they were able to cultivate buckwheat and that is the origin how Galette--- buckwheat pancake was born.

In this bistro, which is close to Inokashira Park, I tried their Galette with salad.
Nice, cozy bistro, next time, I'd like to try their dinner.

Cafe & Bistrot TOURJOUR:

Open for lunch & dinner, Closed on Tuesdays
B1F, 1-17-1, Minami-cho, Kichijoji, Musashino-Shi, Tokyo1800003
TEL/FAX:0422-24-8738


No comments: