2/11/2009

Table Ware Festival 2009 / FRISK CASE !


Wow !  I found this case for " FRISK ", you know the mints.  Made of lacquer ware.  Cool !

This is a shop/ exhibition of AIZU NEXT where producers, designers and creators gathered not only from Aizu , but also from all over Japan.

My father's father ( My Grand father ) was from Aizu area.  It is North East country side and my image about that region is snow, mountains, nature, "quiet , but patient , diligent people", good nutritious food from mountains..... Sake....

This group is trying to create something new while respecting traditions.  
Nice, stylish designs were there.  The red lacquer was shiny and pretty.  
I asked the person who was there, happened to be a designer if these could be used in overseas. 
According to him, yes.  I thought these have to live with moisture... so, if it was brought to Europe or somewhere drier, that could crack, but if the inside wood is strong enough, it shouldn't, he says.  


2 comments:

Bill said...

Dryness certainly won't be a problem in Ireland.

alwayseating said...

Bill,

Your country is very green !