8/28/2008

Garlic Chicken, Garlic Salad


This chicken is simple, easy and tasty.
Just pour some grape seed oil ( because lately this is my favourite ) or any oil into the pan and put some sliced garlic.
Cook the garlic till its color becomes golden brown. Take them out.
Cook Chicken ( I used thigh ) and sprinkle crazy salt ( the flavoured salt and pepper with garlic etc. ) over the chicken.
Cover the lid and wait for 5 to 10 min. depending on the size of the chicken. (Mine was small chunks this time. )
Then this salad is a hit ! Lately I found this recipe from TBS ( Tokyo Broadcasting Station's ) program " Hanamaru " .

Ingredients:
garlic ( 1 clove ) , Soy sauce ( 3 table spoon ) , Mirin ( sweet rice wine 3 table spoon),
Some Lettuce and Tomato ( Prepare like salad in the deep dish. ) oil.

1. Put the pan over the heat.
2. Add some oil into the pan.
3. Start cooking sliced garlic in the pan. Brown them.
4. Put out the fire. Add soy sauce into the pan. Add mirin also ( Be careful bubbles will dance in the pan. )

5. Now the tasty garlic dressing is ready. Pour the dressing while it is still hot over the lettuce and tomato salad. If you are garlic lover, you will love it !

( This is not typical Japanese, but categolized it into Japanese also . )
1.

4 comments:

Carol said...

LOVE garlic! If one of us has garlic then the other one has to also or we can't be in the same room after because of the garlic breath!
Do you ever eat hummus?

alwayseating said...

Carol,

I agree. It tastes great, but it smells very strong ! Hummus is the bean paste from Middle East ?

If I am correct, I think I love it ! I remember I had it at some Middle Eastern Food restaurant in N.Y. a while ago.

Carol said...

Yes, hummus is when you mash together chick peas, garlic, lemon juice and some tahini (ground sesame seeds).
Very garlic-y and very tasty.

alwayseating said...

Ah, Carol,

It sounds delicious. I could cook it, but I should find the good restaurant which has it here.