The upper left is Sujiko --- Salmon roe. It is salty enough, so I simply eat with grated radish.
The right is pork salad. With this tomato dressing, it tastes bit like Japanese Italian.
I wasn't very good at making layers, but it is supposed to be layers of Cabbage & Sliced Pork.
Thinly sliced pork back ribs. ( 5, 6 slices )
2, 3 pieces of cabbage, 1 tomato ( chopped into 1 cm. cube ) , 1 table spoon of soy sauce, 2 table spoon of olive oil, 1 tea spoon of Sake ( or white wine to eliminate pork smell ) 1 table spoon of rice vinegar ,some salt, pepper
The original recipe is from Orange Page's " Harapeko Recipe ). I changed a bit as always.
1. Make the dressing first. Mix the tomato, soy sauce, vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper well.
2. Boil water, add a pinch of salt and cook the cabbage for 3 , 4 min.
3. Drain cabbage and cut them into 3,4 square cm. Save the cabbage water for the next step.
4. Use the above boiled water for cooking pork. Boil the water and cook the pork till its color changes. Drain well.
5. Make cabbage bed using 1/3 of cabbage , then put 1/3 of pork, then cabbage again , then pork again..... make layer salad.
6. Pour tomato dressing over it. Enjoy !