3/22/2008

Yokosuka Museum of Art

It was such a pleasant day today. The temparture was almost like April. I guess highest temparture today was about 19 centigrade ?
So nice. Thursday was national holiday , but I worked all day. Also the past several weekends, I mostly worked. I needed to refresh myself.

It is nice season ! I visited Yokosuka Museum of Art. I enjoy various places, but visiting museum is one of my favourite activities. The museum is rather new, it was built last year. Their collection is early modern and modern. There is another wing which holds Rokuro Taniuchi's collection. Rokuro Taniuchi's paintings are well known in Japan. His drawings were used for weekly magazine ( Shukan Shincho ) for many years.
His work describes every day life of Japanese and picks up nice frames from usual life of those days. For 300 yen admission, I totally enjoyed this art-filled morning. The photos below are the shots from the museum. It is located across from Keikyu Kannonzaki Hotel and in front of the museum, you can see the ocean. You can go up to the roof of the building and the roof top is connected to the park. Next time, I 'd like to leave Tokyo early enough and do hiking here !

On the way back to the station ( I got off at Mabori Kaigan on Keihin Kyuko ) , I wanted to have nice seafood lunch. Found a good place called Yamani Restaurant and Inn. I enjoyed the food and conversation with middle aged couple. They were with their two cute dogs ( Sora & Riku ).
The photo below is my lunch.

Yokosuka Museum of Art:
I took Keikyu ( Keihin Kyuko) from Shinagawa station. Transferred at Horinouchi and got off at Mabori Kaigan. You can take a bus from the station , which is bound for Kannonzaki ( Cape Kannon ) and get off at Keikyu Kannonzaki Hotel & Yokosuka Museum of Art. For details, please check their website.

Restaurant Yamani:
Along with the coast line. They have nice terrace table. In this season, the terrace is recommended ! ( I was lucky since I was able to share the seat with the couple. )
1-2-21 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka City, Kanagawa Prefecture.
Tel: 0468-41-0785











No comments: