2/16/2008

Basil Beef with Popato and Rice


This is easy. Looks pretty Western,but I used a bit of soy sauce.
Ingredients:
Sliced Beef ( as much as you like )
Potato ( same as above)
Rice
Olive Oil, Dried Basil, Salt Pepper
This is based on the recipe by Ms. Remi Hirano ( her cook book).
Yet, I changed little bit.
1. Heat water in a deep pan and cook potatoes. ( you don't have to peel. Especially if they are new season's baby potatoes. Just throw in the pan and cook . )
2. When the potatoes are cooked, take them out and slice.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper with the beef. Put the beef into olive oil & basil. ( marinate for 10 min. )
4. Heat the pan and cook the beef first. Then take the beef out. Add sliced potatoes and sprinkle salt & pepper a bit.
5. Place beef and potatoes on the plate. Place rice also. Add little soy sauce over both beef and potatoes. Yum !
( You could use butter when you fry potatoes. )
Busy, busy..... I am attending a party tonight to see a friend who moved to Iwate. She is in town for a while. Tomorrow, I am visiting my friend and her new-born baby...... Right now, I am working......This blog is a break.

No comments: