10/14/2007

Aspirin Origin --- White Birch ???

I think I learned before that original aspirin was made of the bark of white birch.. I checked Japanese Wikipedia..... It says " Willow" instead of white birch.... Does somebody know which is true story ???

The photo is the one I took this time, the regular aspirin you can find any drug store in the states.... like Walgreens, Duane Reade, Longs Drug Stores.... $1 to $2 a bottle. I like this design. Simple. Light. Fever goes up and down...still I can feel I'm getting better gradually.


2 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

The leaves and bark of the willow tree contain a substance called salicin, a naturally occurring compound similar to acetylsalicylic acid, the chemical name for aspirin.
It was invented by a German man who quest to find a medicine to cure hisown dad's pain from an illness.

For you, if you want something that cures fever, a better choice is anything that is paracetamol based...it takes pain away and it is an anti-pyretic (which means it brings fever down). Take care..and make sure you drink lots of water too!!

alwayseating said...

Hi Cazzie!!!,

Thanks millions for the detailed information , which I didn't know.
Thank you also for the kind word. I am feeling much better than the last weekend although still needed to rest yesterday and today. ( I had to get up to do laundry and others... ) Will be better tomorrow since I slept many hours. Yes, I make sure to drink lots of water ! I will also take out some warmer clothes tomorrow. You take care, too !