This is good for Summer lunch when you got tired of classic Hiyamugi or Somen. Hiyamugi and Somen are similar, they are almost like sisters. Hiyamugi is little thicker then Somen and the ingredients are same as Udon noodle.
Wheat flouer and water. Usually ( I will try to show you later in the blog ) it is served cold.
I used Saikontan Marche's pork for this.
Their pork is delicious!
I made it like pasta.
100 grams sliced pork rib, 1 tomato, some chives.
seasoning soy sauce, sesame oil.
1. First, bring water to boil. Cook Hiyamugi. ( just like pasta. About 8 min. )
2. In another frying pan, put a table spoon of sesame oil.
3. Stir fry pork, then add cut tomato, chives.
4. pour some seasoning soy sauce ( mentsuyu= sauce for noodles ) . I would say, half cup.
5. When Hiyamugi is done, wash it with streaming cold water.
6. Put Hiyamugi into the plate or bowl.
7. Place the cooked pork, tomato and chives with the sauce over the Hiyamugi.
It tastes good and healthy ! Depending on your taste, you can add grated ginger, Yuzu kosho,
chili pepper etc.